I am so excited to share this recipe! After testing several times, I finally perfected this sweet, moist cornbread! This cornbread is both gluten free and dairy free, but it’s just as delicious (if not more) than your regular cornbread! The combination of honey and corn meal give it a sweet flavor, perfect for pairing with taco soup! And instead of being crumbly and dry, this cornbread is so moist and holds together well!
Honey-Sweetened Cornbread (gf, df)
- ¾ cup corn meal
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the milk, oil, honey, and eggs. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into the baking dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Enjoy!