These hearty whole wheat pancakes are healthy, filling, and delicious! The added sweetness of the juicy apple bits mixed throughout these pancakes makes them fun and different! Add the cinnamon and you’ve got a cozy breakfast, perfect for an indulgent but healthy weekend! These pancakes are delicious smothered in peanut or almond butter for some extra protein! Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes
- 1 apple chopped finely
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- Whisk the chopped apple, eggs, milk, and vanilla together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and baking powder and stir together.
- Add the whole wheat flour and gently stir until just combined. If the batter is too thick, you can add more milk little by little.
- Heat some butter or oil on a pan over medium-heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the pan. When the pancake starts to bubble, flip it and cook for about 2 minutes until done. If the pancakes start cooking too fast, turn the heat down to low.