This coconut chia granola is packed with nutrients and is quick and easy to make! Coconut oil is full of Vitamin E and healthy, necessary fatty acids that help with cognitive function, skin, hair, metabolism, and more. Chia seeds are also a powerhouse of nutrition. Known as a “superfood” chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for decreasing inflammation, regulating blood pressure, and more. They are also high in fiber, making them a great addition to any breakfast! Pair this granola with whole fat plain yogurt and a dash of honey and you’ve got a highly nutritious and filling breakfast or snack!
Coconut Chia Granola
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped optional
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup honey melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, shredded coconut, chia seeds, walnuts, and salt together.
- Add the melted coconut, honey, and vanilla and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Spread the granola on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring the granola half way through.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool on the baking sheet to finish crisping up. Store in an air-tight container.