Growing up one of my favorite dinners was my mom’s ‘Impossible Taco Pie’. This easy taco pie is a slightly different take on that classic dinner. You don’t have to worry about a crust, other than the delicious, crispy cheese on top, making it a great dinner option on a busy weekday! This taco pie is made with whole spices instead of store-bought taco mix making it better for your health! Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you’ll love the taste of this taco pie!
Crustless Taco Pie
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- dash chili powder
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream, tomatoes, avocado
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Over medium heat, cook the ground beef, stirring occasionally.
- While the beef is cooking, whisk the eggs and cream together.
- Stir the spices into the ground beef and make sure they're well incorporated. Then add the ground beef to the egg and cream mixture and stir together.
- Add the frozen peas and 2/3 cup cheese to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a round pie pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, tomatoes, and avocados!