These Lemon Ricotta Cookies are light and healthy with plenty of lemony goodness! Made with almond flour, coconut oil, coconut sugar, ricotta, and lemon, these cookies are low-glycemic and packed with protein. Pair them with a whipped cream cheese honey frosting and you’ll love the tangy sweetness of these little goodies! They’re perfect for a light spring or summer dessert!
Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup coconut oil room temperature
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ lemons, juiced
- ½ lemon, zested
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream the coconut oil and coconut sugar together in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and ricotta.
- Next, add the baking soda and salt.
- Lastly, gently stir in the flours.
- Carefully roll the dough into balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. The dough will be quite wet, but that's okay.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, whip the cream cheese and honey together. If you want, add a dash of vanilla.