My husband was actually the one who originally made this recipe. We both loved it so much I decided to do it again and post it here! We used an air-fryer to cook the chicken, however, I imagine doing it in the oven would work just as well, although not as fast. If you’re bored of chicken and looking for something new, this is a great option! It’s easy, requires very few ingredients, and is sure to please the crowd!
Bacon Wrapped Pesto Chicken
- 3 chicken thighs
- pesto I like Costco's Kirkland pesto the best
- 3-4 slices bacon
- Carefully pound the chicken to thin it out a little. I just placed some plastic wrap over the chicken and used a cup to pound it out.
- Cut the chicken thighs into about 2 inch by 1 inch pieces, trimming off major fat as you go.
- Going piece by piece, spoon a little bit of pesto onto the chicken. Carefully fold the chicken and wrap a piece of bacon around it*. Skewer with a toothpick. Repeat for remaining chicken.
- Air-fry the chicken at 400F for 10 minutes. I did mine in two batches to not overcrowd it. To make sure the chicken is cooked, it should be 165F or higher when done.