I can’t get enough of this salad! I don’t often experiment with butternut squash, but I’ve had some extra so I got creative. Turns out this is my new favorite salad and it’s been my lunch for several days now. It’s healthy and so delicious! If you struggle to eat cold salads in the winter, then this dish is for you! It’s got warm butternut squash, crispy bacon, and tender chicken to help warm up your insides while still getting your leafy greens. Throw it on top of some lettuce, spinach, or kale and you’ve got a delicious lunch or dinner!
Butternut Squash, Bacon, & Chicken Salad
- 1 slice bacon, chopped
- ½ cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- handful chopped cooked chicken*
- small handful broccoli
- 5-6 thin slices yellow squash, quartered
- ranch dressing
- Over medium-heat, cook the bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking, cube the butternut squash. You'll want to cut it fairly small so it'll cook fast.
- Add the butternut squash to the bacon and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the squash starts to get tender.
- While everything is cooking, chop the lettuce.
- Add the broccoli, yellow squash, and butternut squash mixture to the lettuce. Mix with a small drizzle ranch dressing and enjoy! You don't need a ton of dressing here because the squash and bacon mixture adds so much flavor.