These almond butter cookies are not only packed with healthy protein and fat, but they’re cozy, soft, and chewy! With almond butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and a dash of maple syrup, these cookies are easy to make and require just a few ingredients. Oh, and the cookie dough for these cookies is absolutely delicious!
Keep in mind that because there’s no flour in these cookies, they are a more oily and dense cookie from the almond butter, while also being soft and chewy!
Almond Butter Cookies (No Flour)
- 1¼ cup all natural almond butter*
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand-held mixer, cream the almond butter and coconut sugar together.
- Add the egg and continue to mix.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the milk and maple syrup.
- The dough will look a little crumbly, but that's okay. It'll stick together when you roll it into balls. Roll the dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- You can either leave the cookies in balls (they won't spread out much). Or, you can gently flatten the balls. If you want (and I highly recommend), gently press 3-4 chocolate chips onto the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to fully cool.