If you’re looking for an incredibly warming soup for the winter, this is it! With spice from the Italian sausage and nutrients from fresh vegetables, this soup is healthy, nutritious, and will warm you all the way to the bones! Enjoy this spicy, herbed soup!
Italian Sausage & Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 oz. mild Italian sausage
- ½ zucchini quartered
- ½ yellow squash quartered
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups broth
- ½ tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, farfalline, or orzo optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Saute the garlic and onions until fragrant and tender.
- Add the sausage and saute.
- When the sausage is nearly cooked through, add the vegetables, diced tomatoes, broth, parsley, oregano, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- If you're using brown rice or pasta, stir it into the soup.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese!