Granola bars or healthy candy bars? It’s debatable! These little treats are the perfect replacement for sugar-filled granola bars or candy bars. Made with oats, honey, and pumpkin these granola bars are made with common ingredients but are healthy, chewy, and delicious!
Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Granola Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats*
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sliced almonds**
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix the oats, chia seeds, flax meal, cinnamon, almonds, and salt.
- Melt the honey and pumpkin puree together in a small saucepan.
- Add the honey and pumpkin mixture to the oat mixture. Add the vanilla and stir everything until well combined.
- Optional: fold in ⅓ cup of chocolate chips.
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper. Spread the granola mix into the pan so it's about ¼-½ inch thick (it won't cover the entire pan).
- Freeze the granola bars for about 2 hours.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and cut into little bars.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler (place a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water).
- Dip each granola bar in chocolate (just the top).
- Store the bars in the freezer.