This recipe sounds fancy and may seem intimidating, but it’s actually really easy, only requires a few ingredients, and will impress any dinner guests! Made with sweet apples, tangy feta cheese, and a balsamic glaze, this recipe will have you fine-dining indeed!
Apple & Feta Stuffed Chicken with Balsamic Glaze
- Kitchen twine
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 apple
- 4 oz feta cheese
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rosemary
- If you're using regular chicken breasts, use a meat pounder to thin them out slightly. Or, buy thin-cut chicken breasts to skip this step.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Thinly slice the apple and cut 4 pieces of kitchen twine.
- Place 3-5 slices of apple on one side of the chicken breast (I like to stuff as much as I can in). Sprinkle some feta cheese on top and carefully fold the chicken breast in half.
- Wrap the twine around the chicken and tie in a knot.
- Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Place both pieces of chicken in a baking dish.
- To make the balsamic glaze, heat a small saucepan or fry pan. Pour the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in and stir frequently for about 7-10 minutes. The glaze should be slightly thicker like a thin syrup. The thickness of the glaze is up to you. However, be careful that you don't let it get too thick, or there won't be very much glaze!
- Pour the glaze over the chicken. Sprinkle the rosemary and remaining feta cheese on top and bake for 35 minutes.