Egg muffins are such a great vessel for all kinds of vegetables. If you’ve got picky eaters who don’t like to eat their vegetables, give these muffins a try! They’re healthy, convenient, and delicious! Make these ahead of time for a quick grab ‘n’ go breakfast, or enjoy fresh from the oven!
I love how versatile egg muffins are. In this recipe, I used bell peppers and yellow squash, but you can use pretty much any vegetables that you have: Brussel sprouts, zucchini, carrots, kale, etc). I like to add some bacon or ham as well for some added flavor and protein, but feel free to leave those out if you’d rather.
If you’re into meal prepping, these egg muffins definitely need to be added to the list. They’re easy to make and pretty hands-off, and if you’re not going to eat them right away, you can store them in the fridge or freezer for a super quick breakfast that is healthy and filling!
Tips to Make Egg Muffins Even Easier and Healthier
- Use frozen, pre-cut veggies. If you simply don’t have the time to cut up veggies, don’t worry about it. Use a mix of frozen, pre-cut veggies like peas and carrots or frozen spinach. It really can’t get any easier than this!
- Line the muffin tin with baking cups. This will make clean up way easier because you won’t have to worry about the egg sticking to the pan.
- For an even healthier and filling breakfast, pair these egg muffins with 1/2 avocado for some added, healthy fats.
- If you are using bacon or ham, look for sugar-free meat (check the ingredient list).
- Add more veggies! You can make these as veggie-heavy or light as you want. If you add more veggies, you’ll also probably end up with more muffins (although they won’t be as egg-y).
- Use pasture-raised, organic eggs (Costco’s are a great price!). At the very least, shoot for antibiotic and hormone-free eggs.
- That’s really all I’ve got! I’m telling you, these are so easy and simple to make!
Easy Egg Muffins
- Muffin pan
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 green onions chopped finely
- ¾ cup bell peppers chopped finely
- ¼ cup yellow squash chopped finely
- 1 small handful spinach chopped
- 8 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat.
- While the bacon is cooking, chop the vegetables and place them in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and whisk everything together.
- Grease a muffin tin and pour in the egg mixture.
- Chop or crumble the bacon finely. Sprinkle a little bit on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.