-salt, to taste
Omelets can seem intimidating, but with a little practice, they’re not that hard to make. And the great thing is that if you mess it up, it’s easy to say you meant to make scrambled eggs the whole time!
How to Make Cheddar and Asparagus Omelet
First, chop the green onions and asparagus.
Next, heat the butter in a frypan and then add the green onions and asparagus.
Saute for several minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, beat the eggs in a small bowl.
Spread the vegetables out nicely in the pan. Then carefully pour the eggs into the pan. Circle the pan around with your wrist to spread the eggs out nicely.
I like to cover the pan for about 2-3 minutes so both sides of the omelet cook.
Remove the lid and sprinkle some cheddar cheese over the eggs. Then gently fold the eggs in half. Continue cooking if the eggs aren’t cooked all the way. When they’re ready, remove from the heat and enjoy!
Cheddar and Asparagus Omelet
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup chopped asparagus
- 2 eggs beaten
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- In a small fry pan, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add the green onions and asparagus to the butter. Saute for about 1 minute.
- Gently pour the eggs into the pan. Circle the pan with your wrist to spread the eggs out.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheddar onto the omelet. Using a spatula, gently fold the omelet in half and enjoy!