If you’re looking for an easy, grain-free, veggie-packed dinner, this is a great option! This protein-rich bolognese is a delicious budget-friendly dish full of flavor and nutrients! It’s easy to make and great for the whole family!
Pasta dishes can sometimes seem intimidating. However, this bolognese is actually very simple and pretty quick. Whether it’s a weeknight or a quick weekend meal, this recipe is perfect! The mushrooms are added, not only for added vegetables and nutrients but also for bulk. Because of the mushrooms, only half the amount of beef needs to be used, creating a more budget-friendly meal.
How is this meal healthy and anti-inflammatory?
-The use of spaghetti squash instead of regular pasta eliminates the pro-inflammatory reaction of grains in the gut.
-In addition, mushrooms are both antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory.
-Parsley also plays an interesting role. In studies, parsley has been shown to reduce high blood sugar. High or “rollercoaster” blood sugar plays a large role in creating an inflammatory environment in our bodies. So, don’t skimp on the fresh parsley!
-salt, basil, oregano
How to Make Beef Bolognese
- This dish is actually very easy and simple to make. First, preheat the oven to 400 and cut the squash in half. Drizzle with some olive oil and place face down on a foil-covered baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and onions and saute until fragrant.
- Next, add the beef and mushrooms. Saute for several minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the squash is done cooking. Simmering will help mull the flavors together, so don’t skip this part!
Enjoy this healthy, veggie-packed meal!
Beef Bolognese with Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 10 oz ground beef
- 4 oz mushrooms chopped
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 24 oz can tomato puree
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ cup parmesan freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and drizzle some olive oil on the open sides. Place face down and bake until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and onions and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until they are fragrant and somewhat translucent.
- Add the ground beef and mushrooms and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato puree, fresh parsley, salt, basil, oregano, and parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat and simmer until the spaghetti squash is ready.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan!