Grain-free zucchini bread that tastes good? Absolutely! This zucchini bread is made with almond butter, coconut flour, maple syrup, and of course, zucchini. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar free. You can feel good about giving your kids this zucchini bread for dessert or for an after-school snack!
There is nothing so wonderful as warm sweet bread straight from the oven (I actually like mine frozen too, I know I’m weird). When I was little I loved when our garden produced too much zucchini because it meant my mom would make lots of zucchini bread! I always made sure to be in the kitchen whenever she made zucchini bread so I could snag some dollops of batter. This recipe is a great substitution for the normal, sugar laden sweet breads. This recipe uses almond butter and coconut flour instead of wheat flour. It’s great if you’re wanting a nice, warm, sweet treat without the unwanted side effects of refined sugars and grains. It’s healthy, yummy, and comforting all at once!
Ingredients for this recipe:
- unsweetened almond butter
- maple syrup
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- chocolate chips (optional: I like Lily’s brand because they’re stevia sweetened)
The trick to making this zucchini bread like bread instead of a gooey, wet loaf is to squeeze as much water as you can from the zucchini. I simply shred the zucchini and then squeeze it in handfuls over the sink. You could also put the zucchini in a cheesecloth or towel and squeeze it that way.
Once you’ve squeezed the water out, you’ll mix the zucchini, almond butter, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla together until smooth. Next, you’ll add the coconut flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. After stirring it all together, gently fold in the chocolate chips. Then try to patiently wait for the bread to bake (hardest part)! Let the bread cool slightly before cutting into it.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini squeeze as much water from it as you can
- ¾ cup almond butter unsweetened
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, almond butter, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- If your almond butter wasn’t salted, add in a pinch of salt.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease 3 3 ½ x 6 inch loaf pans. Pour the mix into each pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.