Packed full of spinach, zucchini, and green onions, this omelet is the perfect way to start your day. The high protein content will keep you full for hours!
Eggs are one of the best ways you could start your mornings. The high protein and fats in the eggs will keep you satiated as well as keep your blood sugar down so you don’t feel the typical blood sugar crash mid morning. The blood sugar rollercoaster is going to happen anytime your breakfast is high in carbohydrates and sugars. Things like cereals, oatmeal, pancakes, donuts, bagels, etc. are lovely on the tastebuds, but not so great on the inside. This subsequent rise in blood sugar increases inflammation. Hence, why we want to start our day with eggs!
This Greensie Omelet is also full of vegetables, making it a very nutritious meal to start your day with! For a tasty side and healthy fats, cook up some bacon to eat with it!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 green onion chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp zucchini chopped finely
- small handful spinach chopped finely
- 2 eggs beaten
- dash heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Heat the butter on medium-high in a small fry pan.
- Add the green onions and zucchini and saute for several minutes.
- Add the spinach and continue sauteing. When ready, spread the vegetables across the pan.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add a dash of heavy cream.
- Carefully pour the eggs into the pan and circle the pan with your wrist so the eggs cover the bottom of the pan and vegetables.
- Cook for several minutes (I like to put the lid on to cook faster) and then flip and cook on the other side (don't worry if you can't do the omelet flipping, this is still great as scrambled eggs).