Need a quick, easy dinner? This is the perfect meal with a hearty dose of flavor, protein, and vegetables!
Sometimes I just want a simple, quick, and easy dish to make for dinner. Something that I don’t have to spend a lot of time on, but I know everyone will still enjoy. This dish was created on one of those nights. I realized though that I didn’t have any taco spice mix. So instead I decided to use a combination of spices I had in the cupboard and it actually turned out really good! The great thing about using your own spices is that you don’t have to have the sugars and chemicals that are added to things like store-bought taco mixes. Adding in the zucchini is also a great way to incorporate vegetables (sneakily if you have picky eaters).
Curry Taco Salad
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- dash cayenne
- ½-1 zucchini chopped
- lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream optional toppings
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion. Saute until onions are fragrant and golden brown.
- Add the ground beef.
- When the beef is almost cooked, stir in the curry powder, salt, turmeric, and cayenne.
- Add the zucchini add cook until zucchini is tender.
- Optional toppings: lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado