This is a quick and simple dinner that’s full of flavor! Fresh cilantro, ginger, and coconut milk, make for an anti-inflammatory, filling meal the whole family will love!
Instead of serving the chicken over rice, we’re serving it with cauliflower rice. But don’t worry, you won’t even be able to taste the cauliflower! This dish is really simple to make. In order to make it, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- chicken breast (preferably organic, free range)
- coconut milk
- fresh cilantro
Cauliflower rice can seem pretty intimidating and/or time-consuming. However, using a high-powered blender or food processor makes it way faster and easier. Simply toss the florets in and blend or process. It will only take a couple seconds to reach a rice-like texture. If you don’t have either of these appliances, you can grate the florets with a cheese grater. It works great, although it does take a little longer. If you like raw cauliflower, you could just stir the cauliflower rice right into the chicken and sauce. If not, cook the cauliflower rice by steaming or boiling it for just a few minutes and then drain.
To make the chicken, simply saute the garlic and onions in some olive oil.
Then add the chicken and cook for a couple of minutes.
Add in the chicken broth, coconut milk, cilantro, lime, ginger, and salt. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Cilantro Lime Coconut Chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 1 chicken breast cubed
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- 1 head cauliflower
- optional toppings: avocados, sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onions and saute until tender and fragrant.
- Add the chicken and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cauliflower.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make cauliflower rice by placing the cauliflower in a high-powered blender or food processor. You can also grate the florets to turn it into a rice texture.
- Bring some water to a boil (about 1 cup). Add the cauliflower rice and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain the water out and stir the cauliflower rice into the chicken.